Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


Search all Craftsman Names by KeywordShow Help...

Edward George Bruton

Edward George Bruton (17 February 1826 - 3 August 1899) was a British Gothic Revival architect who practised in Oxford. He was made an Associate of the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) in 1855 and a Fellow of the RIBA in 1861. Born in Holywell, Oxford in 1826, the son of Richard Bruton, the Common Room Man at New College, and his wife Ruth, he was apprenticed to the architect John Plowman by the time of the 1841 census. He is buried in St Sepulchre's Cemetery, Oxford.

 One Church with features by Edward George Bruton - Architect

Church Thumbnail
(Click Image to Enlarge)
Features
 
St Michael and All Angels Aston Sandford 1877-8: Church restored and Chancel rebuilt. Architect was Edward George Bruton. Bruton was an Oxford Architect who probably completed the work planned by George Gilbert Scott. Chancel rebuilt in 1877/78.
St Michael and All Angels Aston Sandford Nave restored in 1877/78.
St Michael and All Angels Aston Sandford 1878: Pulpit Architect was Edward George Bruton.
Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2024 Michael G Hardy