Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


St Paul, Bledlow Ridge

Denomination:
C of E - Wycombe Deanery
Local Authority to 2020:
Wycombe District Council
Local Authority UA:
Bucks UA (North West Chilterns)
Building Location:
Chinnor Road, Bledlow Ridge (5 miles NW of High Wycombe)
Nearest Post Code:
HP14 4AX
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
SU 79752 97741
Latitude & Longitude:
51.67278, -0.84808  Map
CofE ACNY Web Site:

For details of this church on our "Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches" website, please click here


Notes on Stained Glass:Just 3 windows have stained glass, but all are notable. They are windows by Mayer & Co, Geoffrey Webb, and the largest window in Buckinghamshire to be designed by John Piper and made by Patrick Reyntiens.

Introduction to Church:Bledlow Ridge had its first chapel-of-ease in 1801 to the north of the village. It was replaced on a more central site in 1834. The second chapel was replaced by the current church opening in 1868, designed by the architect David Brandon. It is a plain but bright building of flint walls with stone dressings, at a time when brick dressings were more common in the Chilterns. The side windows of nave and chancel are all Early English lancets, but E and W windows have Geometrical Decorated tracery.

Notable Features:
1868New church built. Architect was David Brandon.
1868Font. was David Brandon.
1989Parish Rooms added to N side. Architect was Geofrey Hawkins.
Images of some of the Notable Features in St Paul, Bledlow Ridge

 

A few images of this church, more information will be added in the future.
no image

Exterior from South West.

no image

Exterior from North West.

no image

Interior looking East.

no image

Interior looking West.

Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2021 Michael G Hardy