Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Return to Church: St Mary, Aylesbury or select another window

Window: 10, Lady Chapel (E), St Mary, Aylesbury

Location in Church:
Lady Chapel (E)
Type:
3 lights
Subject(s):
Three Marys at the Tomb
Subject(s) - Notes:
There are different interpretations of who The Three Marys' were.
Date Made:
1868
Craftsman:
Sources for Dates & Craftsmen:
Bucks Herald, 1st February 1868.
Dedicated to:
Alice Ivatts and Mrs Jordan Snr. More...
Donated by:
Mrs Jordan Jnr of Wakefield (presented the centre light) and Archdeacon and Mrs Edward Bickersteth presented the other lights.
Notes on Window:
The glass does not bear any inscription, but a brass plaque was placed next to it on the N wall.

 


Click on a Thumbnail to go to that image,
Then use links to scroll through images, go to any window, or go to church page.

  Thumbnail
 Image
Click for Details
Window in Situ
Click for Details
Overall View of Glass
Click for Details
Tracery Lights, the left hand angel holds a scroll reading "Ave Maria".
Click for Details
The 3 main lights
Top
Click for Details
The figures of the Three Marys
Click for Details
Closer view of the Three Marys
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2021 Michael G Hardy