Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Return to Church: St Mary, Aylesbury or select another window

Window: 26, St George's Chapel N (E), St Mary, Aylesbury

Location in Church:
St George's Chapel N (E)
Type:
3 lights
Subject(s):
St John the Baptist (now destroyed)
Subject(s) - Notes:
St John the Baptist was in the centre light, shown with a lamb at his feet, and holding a cross pointing up to the motto above "Behold the Lamb of God". The side lights contained monograms representing "Jesus Christ".
Date Made:
1855
Craftsman:
J G Waller, Designer
Sources for Dates & Craftsmen:
The Builder: 6 October 1855
Donated by:
Zacharias Daniel Hunt. He is remembered in Window 24 of 1877. More...
Notes on Window:
The main lights of the window were destroyed in 1967, when they were replaced by plain glass. More...

 


Click on a Thumbnail to go to that image,
Then use links to scroll through images, go to any window, or go to church page.

  Thumbnail
 Image
Click for Details
Window in Situ
Click for Details
Overall View of Glass
Click for Details
Tracery lights, with text in the centre, and the Alpha and Omega symbols at the sides. They are all on a foliage background.
Click for Details
Tracery text from John 1:29 - "Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world".
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2021 Michael G Hardy