Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Return to Church: St Mary, Aylesbury or select another window

Window: 25, St George's Chapel N (C), St Mary, Aylesbury

Location in Church:
St George's Chapel N (C)
Type:
3 lights
Subject(s):
Our Lord, the Apostles St Paul and St John (all now destroyed)
Subject(s) - Notes:
The figures had all been under rich canopies.
Date Made:
1855
Craftsmen:
J G Waller, Designer
Thomas Baillie, Maker
Sources for Dates & Craftsmen:
The Builder: 12 May 1855.
Dedicated to:
William Rickford, MP for Aylesbury, and his wife Mary, they both died in 1854. More...
Donated by:
Dame Elizabeth Harriett Cooper, daughter of William and Mary Rickford. More...
Notes on Window:
All the lights of the window were destroyed in 1967, when they were replaced by plain glass, incorporating 4 shields and the inscription. More...

 


Click on a Thumbnail to go to that image,
Then use links to scroll through images, go to any window, or go to church page.

  Thumbnail
 Image
Click for Details
Window in Situ
Click for Details
Overall View of Glass
Click for Details
Lower part of main lights, with Arms and Inscription
Click for Details
Series of 4 Arms, made from fragments of the original glass
Top
Click for Details
Inscription near base of window
Click for Details
Inscription, and text of inscription.
Click for Details
RH light: Inscription recording reglazing with clear glass in 1967.
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2021 Michael G Hardy