Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Return to Church: St Nicholas, Great Kimble or select another window

Window: 06, S Aisle S (C), St Nicholas, Great Kimble

Location in Church:
S Aisle S (C)
Type:
2 lights
Size (width x height):
3' 3" x 5' 8" or 1.00m x 1.73m
Subject(s):
Sir Godfrey de Bouillon, St George & dragon
Date Made:
1913
Craftsman:
Camm & Co., Maker
Sources for Dates & Craftsmen:
Makers Mark
Dedicated to:
General George Godfrey Pearse Companion of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath. Colonel Commandant, Royal Horse Artillery.
Donated by:
His widow & son
Makers Mark on Window:

 


Click on a Thumbnail to go to that image,
Then use links to scroll through images, go to any window, or go to church page.

  Thumbnail
 Image
Click for Details
Window in situ
Click for Details
Overall View of Glass
Click for Details
Both lights: Main scenes
Click for Details
Left Hand Light: Godfrey de Bouillon
Top
Click for Details
Right Hand Light: St George and the dragon
Click for Details
Both lights: Base of windows
Click for Details
Both lights: Inscription at base of windows, in memory of General Pearse
Click for Details
Left Hand Light: Heraldry for General Pearse
Top
Click for Details
Left Hand Light: Crest of Pearse family, with Pelican in Piety
Click for Details
Left Hand Light: Badge of General Pearse's "Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Bath (Military Division)"
Click for Details
Makers Mark
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2021 Michael G Hardy