Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Return to Church: St Margaret, Tylers Green or select another window

Window: 01, East, St Margaret, Tylers Green

Location in Church:
East
Type:
Rose
Size (width x height):
4' 7" x 4' 7" or 1.40m x 1.40m
Subject(s):
Holy Spirit, Dove in centre, with tongues of flame and rushing wind: Cf. Acts 2
Date Made:
1965
Craftsmen:
Sources for Dates & Craftsmen:
Library of the British Society of Master Glass Painters
Notes on Window:
The East Wall with its fairly small Rose Window was built when the Chancel was extended by building a new Sanctuary in 1932. Rose Windows come in many styles, this one is a pattern of 7 Oculi (or eye windows) each decorated with 8 cusped lobes. The present glass was fitted in 1965.

 

Previous Windows

Previous Window Information:
Date Installed: 1869-1879 - Date Removed: 1932
The original East window was in the short 1854 Chancel, shown as 01a on our Church Plan.
Its glass dated from between 1869 and 1879. It was donated by Sir Philip Rose and his wife Margaretta, in memory of their parents, William and Charlotte Rose, and Robert and Elizabeth Ranking.
Subjects were: Raising of Jairus' daughter, The Resurrection, Feeding of the 5000.
Upon the 1932 extension of the Chancel, the glass was removed and taken to a church in Bethnal Green.

 


Click on a Thumbnail to go to that image,
Then use links to scroll through images, go to any window, or go to church page.

  Thumbnail
 Image
Click for Details
Window in situ
Click for Details
Overall View of Glass
Click for Details
Dove of Holy Spirit in Centre Oculus
Click for Details
Close-up of Dove of Holy Spirit in Centre Oculus
Top
Click for Details
Top Oculus - Rushing wind, cf. Acts 2
Click for Details
Upper Right Oculus - Rushing wind and tongue of flame, cf. Acts 2
Click for Details
Lower Right Oculus - Rushing wind and tongues of flame, cf. Acts 2
Click for Details
Bottom Oculus - Rushing wind and tongues of flame, cf. Acts 2
Top
Click for Details
Lower Left Oculus - Rushing wind and tongue of flame, cf. Acts 2
Click for Details
Upper Left Oculus - Rushing wind and tongue of flame, cf. Acts 2
Click for Details
PREVIOUS WINDOW 1870s to 1932
Interior and Exterior views of E window, with glass fitted between 1869 and 1879.
It was removed when the Sanctuary was extended in 1932, and the glass was moved to Bethnal Green.
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2021 Michael G Hardy