Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


St Margaret, Tylers Green

Denomination:
C of E - Amersham Deanery
Local Authority District:
Chiltern
Address of Church:
Hammersley Lane, Tylers Green (4 miles NE of Beaconsfield)
Nearest Post Code:
HP10 8EG
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
SU 90345 93752
Latitude & Longitude:
51.63533, -0.69597  Map
Church Web Site:
CofE ACNY Web Site:

For details of this church on our "Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire" website, please click here


Notes on Church:
The Church was built in 1853 by the architect David Brandon, with an Early English style nave, and Decorated style chancel. Around 1890 the slender tower was added. In 1932 the architect Charles Henry Biddulph-Pinchard extended the sanctuary, and replaced all the chancel windows.

Introduction to Stained Glass:Eleven windows are shown below. All ten in the nave contain glass by Mayer and Company. Nine are in a matching style and date from the 1880s, and one is in a slightly different style, dating from 1907. The high level rose window in the East wall (01) has glass of 1965.


CHURCH PLAN

Click to enlarge Plan

WINDOWS

Click on a thumbnail to go to a page for each window

Thumbnail Code   Location Type Subject(s) Date Craftsmen
Details 01 East Rose Holy Spirit, Dove in centre, with tongues of flame and rushing wind: Cf. Acts 2 1965 Terence DRandall
Faith Craft Studios
Details 04 Nave S (E) Lancet St Margaret †1882 Mayer & Co.
Details 05 Nave S (E2) Lancet Mary Magdalene †1887 Mayer & Co.
Details 06 Nave S (E3) Lancet Virgin Mary 1887 Mayer & Co.
Top
Details 08 Nave S (W) Lancet Baptism of Christ, 'Ecce Agnus Dei', 'Behold the Lamb of God' 1907 Mayer & Co.
Details 09 West 2 lancets St Andrew, St Philip 1884 Mayer & Co.
Details 10 Nave N (W) Lancet St. Michael †1889 Mayer & Co.
Details 11 Nave N (W2) Lancet St John Baptist †1889 Mayer & Co.
Top
Details 12 Nave N (C) Lancet St Paul †1889 Mayer & Co.
Details 13 Nave N (E2) Lancet St Peter 1887 Mayer & Co.
Details 14 Nave N (E) Lancet King David †1885 Mayer & Co.
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2018 Michael G Hardy