Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Return to Church: Holy Trinity, Marlow or select another window

Window: 11, N Aisle N (E), Holy Trinity, Marlow

Important Church Note:
Church building now has a commercial use
Location in Church:
N Aisle N (E)
Type:
2 lights
Size (width x height):
4' 1" x 9' 1" or 1.25m x 2.78m
Subject(s):
The Annunciation
Date Faculty Granted:
25th January 1904
Date Made:
1904
Craftsman:
Sources for Dates & Craftsmen:
Great Marlow magazine (1904)
Dedicated to:
Charlotte Agnela Cocks (died 1904)
Donated by:
Her sister Henrietta Maria Cocks, and all her nieces and nephews.
Notes on Window:
A mezzanine floor now cuts across the middle of the window.

 


Click on a Thumbnail to go to that image,
Then use links to scroll through images, go to any window, or go to church page.

  Thumbnail
 Image
Click for Details
Window in Situ - Upper part from 1st Floor
Click for Details
Window in Situ - Lower part from Ground Floor
Click for Details
Overall View of Glass - Image compiled from 5 different photos.
Click for Details
Tracery
Top
Click for Details
Lower parts of window, with Annuciation figures of Gabriel and Mary.
Click for Details
LH light: The Archangel Gabriel tells Mary that she will become the mother of Jesus. "Ave Maria, gratia plena" means "Hail Mary, full of grace".
Click for Details
RH light: Mary stands beneath a canopy. "Ecce ancilla Domini" means "Behold the handmaiden of the Lord".
Click for Details
Base of window
Top
Click for Details
Inscription at base of window.
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2021 Michael G Hardy