Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Return to Church: Holy Trinity, Marlow or select another window

Window: 04, Nave S (E), Holy Trinity, Marlow

Important Church Note:
Church building now has a commercial use
Location in Church:
Nave S (E)
Type:
3 lights
Size (width x height):
6' 4" x 11' 2" or 1.94m x 3.41m
Subject(s):
Holy Trinity, Adam and Eve, Resurrection, Pentecost
Date Made:
1876
Craftsman:
Sources for Dates & Craftsmen:
Bucks Herald, 15 January 1876
Dedicated to:
Jemima Anne Cocks
Donated by:
Agnela (sister), Anneta Henrietta and Amabel Margaretta (nieces) More...

 


Click on a Thumbnail to go to that image,
Then use links to scroll through images, go to any window, or go to church page.

  Thumbnail
 Image
Click for Details
Window In Situ
Click for Details
Overall View of Glass
Click for Details
Tracery and heads of main lights: In the tracery, 3 angels holding scrolls proclaiming Holy Holy Holy, which represents the Holy Trinity, as the church is dedicated to. Below are the tops of the three main lights with more angels holding scrolls as titles for the subjects below. They are Creator, Redeemer, Sanctifiier, which also represents the Holy Trinity of God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
Click for Details
Three Lights: Scenes representing the Holy Trinity.
Top
Click for Details
Three Lights: Closer look at scenes representing the Holy Trinity, with titles below, for "The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost".
Click for Details
LH light: God the Father (or Creator) showing Adam and the Creation of Eve.
Click for Details
Centre light: The Son (or Redeemer) showing the Resurrection.
Click for Details
RH light: The Holy Ghost (or Sanctifier) shows the scene from Acts 2:1-21 where the disciples receive the Holy Spirit at Pentecost and Peter quotes from the Book of Joel (which is open on his knee). The Dove of the Holy Spirit and the Tongues of Fire are symbols of Pentecost.
Top
Click for Details
Base of window, with symbols representing Christ.
Click for Details
Inscription at base of window.
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2019 Michael G Hardy