Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Return to Church: Cemetery Chapel, Datchet or select another window

Window: 06, West, Cemetery Chapel, Datchet

Important Church Note:
Chapel has been disused since 1958, only the exterior is visible.
Location in Church:
West
Type:
Rose
Size (width x height):
4' 3" x 4' 3" or 1.30m x 1.30m
Subject(s):
Floral and Foliage Patterns, Cross, Crown of Thorns, 4 Cherub Heads
Date Made:
1926
Craftsman:
Sources for Dates & Craftsmen:
Dr Dennis Hadley, Powell Order book: 1/25-1977 p252
Dedicated to:
Meredith Caulfield More...
Donated by:
Reginald and Freda Isabella de Lisle Saunders John More...
Notes on Window:
Unusually this window seems to remember somebody who did not live locally, but was only staying in a Datchet Nursing Home for the birth of her daughter.

 


Click on a Thumbnail to go to that image,
Then use links to scroll through images, go to any window, or go to church page.

  Thumbnail
 Image
Click for Details
Window in situ
Click for Details
Overall View of Glass
Click for Details
Roundel forming Centre of Window
Click for Details
Centre of Roundel with Cross and Crown of Thorns, and the side Cherubs
Top
Click for Details
Two lobes at top of window, and the top Cherub
Click for Details
Two lobes at base of window, and the lower Cherub
Click for Details
Close-up of lower Cherub
Click for Details
Plaque on wall below window
Top
Click for Details
Information on window 06, written by Datchet Village Society.
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2021 Michael G Hardy