Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Cemetery Chapel, Datchet

Important Church Note:
Chapel has been disused since 1958, only the exterior is visible.
Denomination:
Cemetery Chapel
Local Authority District:
Windsor & Maidenhead UA
Address of Church:
Ditton Road, Datchet (NE side)
Nearest Post Code:
SL3 9LS
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
SU 99706 77049
Latitude & Longitude:
51.48361, -0.56548  Map

For details of this church on our "Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire" website, please click here


Notes on Church:
As the churchyard was full, the Cemetery and its Chapel were opened in 1896, with the first burials taking place in 1899. The Chapel was given and erected at the cost of a local resident, Mary Ann Crake. However, it was only used for services for 59 years, between 1899 and 1958.

CHURCH PLAN

Click to enlarge Plan

WINDOWS

Click on a thumbnail to go to a page for each window

Thumbnail Code   Location Type Subject(s) Date Craftsmen
Details 01 East 3 lights Virgin Mary, Jesus Christ Crucified, Pelican, St John 1902 Charles Eamer Kempe
Details 02 S wall [E] 1 light St Elizabeth of Hungary c1904 Clayton & Bell
Details 03 S wall [E2] 1 light St Martha 1909 Morris & Co.
Edward Burne-Jones
WE Stokes
Howard
Details 05 S wall [W] 1 Light Coloured Border only 1896
Top
Details 06 West Rose Floral and Foliage Patterns, Cross, Crown of Thorns, 4 Cherub Heads 1926 James Powell & Sons
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2018 Michael G Hardy