Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Return to Church: St Joseph (RC), Chalfont St Peter or select another window

Window: 16, Side chapel N (W), St Joseph (RC), Chalfont St Peter

Important Church Note:
Also known as Gerrards Cross
Location in Church:
Side chapel N (W)
Type:
4 lights
Subject(s):
Angel, St Teresa, St Antony, Angel
Date Made:
1931
Sources for Dates & Craftsmen:
Robert Eberhard (The Universe 31.7.1931 for date)
Notes on Window:
We are hoping that the Church Authorities can find a Date & Maker for this window.

 


Click on a Thumbnail to go to that image,
Then use links to scroll through images, go to any window, or go to church page.

  Thumbnail
 Image
Click for Details
Window in Situ
Click for Details
Overall View of Glass
Click for Details
Head of the 4 lights, with Holy Dove at the top, and angels at the sides.
Click for Details
St Teresa and St Anthony, with an angel on each side.
Top
Click for Details
St Teresa of Avila, and St Anthony of Florence.
Click for Details
St Teresa was a Spanish nun of the 16th century. St Anthony became Bishop of Florence in 1446.
Click for Details
St Teresa of Avila (or 'Teresa of Jesus') is often depicted writing, for which she was famous.
Click for Details
St Antonius of Florence was another writer, and is often shown with a lily.
Top
Click for Details
LH light: Angel
Click for Details
RH light: Angel
Click for Details
Centre lights: Latin inscriptions below figures of Saints, with translations.
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2019 Michael G Hardy