Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Search Craftsman Name by Keyword Show Help...

Windows by Lavers & Barraud - Maker

A company which had five different names over 70 years, with changes of partners. In 1855 Nathaniel Wood Lavers (1828-1911) established the company Lavers in Southampton Street London. In 1858 Francis Philip Barraud (1824-1900) moved from James Powell & Sons, becoming a partner in 1858 to form Lavers & Barraud. 10 years later Nathaniel Westlake (1833-1921) became a partner, having designed for the firm since 1858. The company was re-named Lavers, Barraud & Westlake. After the death of Barraud in 1900 the firm was known as Lavers, Westlake and Co, although Westlake had been the sole proprietor since 1880. After 1909 the company became N H J Westlake, London, moving to Maida Vale in 1917, and closing in the 1920s.

16 Windows, listed in Date Order

Sort Windows by Church

Window Location Church Date Craftsmen
Details Chancel S (W) St Michael in Lavendon 1859 Lavers & Barraud
Details East St Peter in Chalvey (Slough) 1861 Lavers & Barraud
Details Chancel S (E) St Peter in Chalvey (Slough) 1861 Lavers & Barraud
Details N aisle W St Peter in Chalvey (Slough) 1861 Lavers & Barraud
Top
Details Chancel N St Peter in Chalvey (Slough) 1861 Lavers & Barraud
Details West St Mary in Datchet 1864 Lavers & Barraud
Details S Aisle S (E) St Mary in Datchet 1865 Lavers & Barraud
Details S Aisle S (E3) St Mary in Datchet 1865 Lavers & Barraud
Top
Details S Aisle W St Mary in Datchet †1865 Lavers & Barraud
Details N aisle N St Mary in Datchet 1865 Lavers & Barraud
Details Outer North Aisle N (W) St Mary in Datchet 1865 Lavers & Barraud
Details Outer North Aisle N (E3) St Mary in Datchet 1865 Lavers & Barraud
Top
Details Outer North Aisle N (E2) St Mary in Datchet 1866 Lavers & Barraud
Details Nave S (E) St Anne in Dropmore 1865 Lavers & Barraud
Details East St Mary the Virgin in Stoke Mandeville 1866 Lavers & Barraud
Details East St Giles in Stoke Poges 1867 Lavers & Barraud
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2021 Michael G Hardy