Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Windows by Cakebread Robey & Co. - Maker

The business was founded in 1882 by George H. Cakebread and Arthur E. Robey as Cakebread Robey & Company[2] and became an important supplier of engraved and stained glass to public houses and hotels in England, such as The Queen's Hotel (now The Queens pub)[3] in Crouch End, The Salisbury in Harringay, and St Andrew's church, Chase Side, in Southgate. They were based at Stoke Newington and from around 1914 at Caroba Works, Wood Green, north London. The supply of sanitary fittings was also an important part of their business, and now their principal activity.

5 Windows, listed in Church Order

Window Location Church Date Craftsmen
Details N aisle E St Giles in Cheddington 1893 Cakebread Robey & Co.
Details S aisle S (E) St Barnabas in Linslade, New 1901 Cakebread Robey & Co.
Details East St Mary in Linslade, Old (N of town) 1897 Cakebread Robey & Co.
Details East (N) All Saints in Marsworth 1891 Cakebread Robey & Co.
Top
Details East St Mary the Virgin in Pitstone 1893 Cakebread Robey & Co.
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2018 Michael G Hardy