Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Windows by C E Moore - Maker

Arthur Louis Moore (1849-1939) was born in Brixton and apprenticed in 1868 to a glass painter, J. T. Lyon, with a workshop in Fitzroy Square. In 1871 he set up a partnership, "Gibbs & Moore, artists in stained glass and mural decorations," first in Great Russell Street, then in Southampton Row, where the firm continued to supply churches all over the country, and even beyond it, well into the twentieth century. By this time it was being run by his son, Charles Eustace Moore (1880-c.1965), whom he had taken into partnership in 1896. In its later history, A. L. Moore and Son remained in the Bloomsbury area until 1946, finally closing in about 1955 when it was located in Regent's Park Terrace. (Jacqueline Banerjee. www.victorianaweb.org)

2 Windows, listed in Church Order

Window Location Church Date Craftsmen
Details West St John the Evangelist in Ashley Green 1949 C E Moore
Details N aisle N (W) St John the Evangelist in Ashley Green 1953 C E Moore
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2018 Michael G Hardy