Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


St Martin, Dunton

Denomination:
C of E - Claydon Deanery
Local Authority District:
Aylesbury Vale
Address of Church:
Dunton (4 miles SE of Winslow)
Nearest Post Code:
MK18 3LW
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
SP 82379 24373
Latitude & Longitude:
51.91180, -0.80380  Map
Church Web Site:
CofE ACNY Web Site:

For details of this church on our "Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire" website, please click here


Notes on Church:
Dunton is a very small village with a church dating from Norman times, see the original N doorway outside. It was largely rebuilt in Georgian times, and with furnishings from then, it still maintains a memorable Georgian character.

Introduction to Stained Glass:Dunton church has no stained glass, but thanks to the Parochial Church Council we are able to show a 'Contemplated Design for glass for the E window, by Morris & Co' which was never made. It was proposed as a memorial to an early 19th century Rector who, 11 years after leaving Dunton, became Bishop of London for 28 years.


WINDOWS

Click on a thumbnail to go to a page for each window

Thumbnail Code   Location Type Subject(s) Date Craftsmen
Details 01 Contemplated design for East window 3 Lancets St Joan of Arc, St Martin, St George ~ St Martin is the Patron Saint of Dunton church Design drawn after Blomfield's death in 1857 Morris & Co.
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2018 Michael G Hardy