Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Windows by Bell A - Artist

Alfred Bell (1832-1895) Artist and designer. Alfred Bell was introduced to George Gilbert Scott and was offered a place in Scott's studio in 1844. He worked there with G.F. Bodley and G.E. Street before designing for Nathaniel Lavers, preferring to work in stained glass and the decorative arts, rather than as an architect. He formed a partnership with John Richard Clayton in 1856, and their firm, known as Clayton & Bell, was among the most successful firms producing stained glass in the nineteenth century. After establishing the partnership, Alfred Bell also designed for James Powell & Sons. (stainedglass.llgc.org.uk)

1 Window

Window Location Church Date Craftsmen
Details N transept N Holy Trinity in Lane End 1857 James Powell & Sons
Bell A
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2018 Michael G Hardy