Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Windows by Jones & Willis - Maker

Birmingham company, established around 1847, who manufactured church furnishings. Jones & Willis were one of the biggest firms of this kind in the latter part of the nineteenth century. They also opened premises in Liverpool and in London. Jones & Willis began to supply stained glass from about 1880, and some of their work in the 1920s and 30s was designed by the architect F.E. Howard, a pupil of Ninian Comper.

9 Windows, listed in Church Order

Window Location Church Date Craftsmen
Details Chancel S St Andrew in Great Linford (MK) †1899 Jones & Willis
Details N Transept N St Peter & Paul in Great Missenden 1914 Jones & Willis
Details Nave S (2E) Holy Trinity in Lane End 1911 Jones & Willis
Details N aisle N (E) St Mary the Virgin in North Marston 1916 Jones & Willis
Top
Details East St Mary in Radnage 1922 Jones & Willis
Details Chancel S (E) St Mary in Radnage 1937 Jones & Willis
Details N transept N St Peter & Paul in Stokenchurch 1919 Jones & Willis
Details N Transept E St Peter & Paul in Stokenchurch †1916 Jones & Willis
Top
Details Nave S (E3) St Peter in Tyringham 1907 Jones & Willis
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2018 Michael G Hardy