Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Windows by Frederick W Cole - Artist

William Morris & Co (Westminster) (about 1901-1958) Stained glass firm established in We-tminster, London by William Morris (1874-1944), son of Richard Morris (died about 1901). Also known as William Morris Studios, partly as a way of distinguishing the firm from the more famous Morris & Co. William Morris had worked with his father and brothers, and their firm, Morris & Sons, also continued until the 1950s. The firm became part of the Pollard Group but their premises in Rochester Row were bombed in 1941. Frederick W Cole re-established the firm in 1946.

7 Windows, listed in Church Order

Window Location Church Date Craftsmen
Details Nave S (E) St John the Evangelist in Farnham Common 1950 W Morris & Co. of Westminster
Frederick W Cole
Details Nave S (W) St John the Evangelist in Farnham Common 1950 W Morris & Co. of Westminster
Frederick W Cole
Details West St John the Evangelist in Farnham Common 1950 W Morris & Co. of Westminster
Frederick W Cole
Details Nave N (W) St John the Evangelist in Farnham Common 1950 W Morris & Co. of Westminster
Frederick W Cole
Top
Details Nave N (E) St John the Evangelist in Farnham Common 1956 W Morris & Co. of Westminster
Frederick W Cole
Details N chapel E St Giles in Stoke Poges 1958 W Morris & Co. of Westminster
Frederick W Cole
Details N aisle W St Laurence in Winslow 1962 Wippell
Frederick W Cole
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2018 Michael G Hardy