Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Windows by Curtis, Ward & Hughes - Maker

Ward and Hughes: Thomas Ward (1808-70) was a Yorkshireman who in c1836 became a partner of James Henry Nixon (1802-57). Henry Hughes (1822-83) became Ward's partner, and the firm became Ward and Hughes in 1861. Hughes brought a more accurately mediaeval style to the renamed company, thereby assuring its continued success. Henry Hughes (1822-83) initially trained as a glassmaker under Thomas Ward's first partner John Henry Nixon and was later an assistant of T Willement. After Hughes's death in 1883, a relation, Thomas Figgis Curtis (1845-1924) took over firm as Curtis, Ward & Hughes.

1 Window

Sort Windows by Date

Window Location Church Date Craftsmen
Details N Aisle W Holy Trinity in Marlow c1923 George Parlby
Curtis, Ward & Hughes
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2019 Michael G Hardy