Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Windows by Lowndes & Drury - Maker

Lowndes & Drury was established in 1897 to provide stained glass artists with the studio facilities, staff and equipment to carry out their commissions freelance, making them independent of commercial stained glass firms. The firm was founded by the stained glass artist Mary Lowndes (1856 - 1929) and glazier Alfred John Drury (1868 - 1940) who first met in 1893 whilst working at the stained glass window firm, Britten & Gilson.

9 Windows, listed in Church Order

Window Location Church Date Craftsmen
Details Nave S (2W) St Leonard in Chesham Bois 1949 Margaret Thompson
Lowndes & Drury
Details Nave S (W) St Leonard in Chesham Bois 1949 Margaret Thompson
Lowndes & Drury
Details N aisle W St Leonard in Chesham Bois Margaret Thompson
Lowndes & Drury
Details East St Michael in Steeple Claydon 1938 Clement Skilbeck
Lowndes & Drury
Top
Details S aisle S (W) St Michael in Steeple Claydon Clement Skilbeck
Lowndes & Drury
Details S aisle E, N of apse St Nicolas in Taplow 1915 Arild Rosenkrantz 
Lowndes & Drury
Details S aisle Apse St Nicolas in Taplow 1913 Arild Rosenkrantz 
Lowndes & Drury
Details S aisle S (E) St Nicolas in Taplow 1912 Arild Rosenkrantz 
Lowndes & Drury
Top
Details N aisle W St Nicolas in Taplow 1913 Arild Rosenkrantz 
Lowndes & Drury
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2019 Michael G Hardy