Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


St John the Baptist, Granborough

Denomination:
C of E - Claydon Deanery
Local Authority District:
Aylesbury Vale
Address of Church:
Marston Road, Granborough (2 miles S of Winslow)
Nearest Post Code:
MK18 3NS
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
SP 76781 25001
Latitude & Longitude:
51.91825, -0.88502  Map
Church Web Site:
CofE ACNY Web Site:

For details of this church on our "Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire" website, please click here


Notes on Church:
The walls of the Nave date from around 1330. The Chancel was rebuilt 70 years later, and in the late 15th century the Nave walls were heightened allowing the installation of new tall Perpendicular style windows. John Oldrid Scott restored the church in 1880.

Introduction to Stained Glass:The only stained glass in the church are 2 windows in the Chancel, with the E window in memory of the Vicar who died a few years after the church's restoration.


CHURCH PLAN

Click to enlarge Plan

WINDOWS

Click on a thumbnail to go to a page for each window

Thumbnail Code   Location Type Subject(s) Date Craftsmen
Details 01 East 3 lights St Mary, Crucifixion, St John 1889 Burlison & Grylls
Details 03 Chancel S (W) 1 light Consider the lilies, Christ & 2 disciples Clayton & Bell
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2018 Michael G Hardy